Attributed to the Saint Louis Glassworks (French, f. 1767)
Of ovoid form, the glasses canted and with flared necks and bases, supported by scrolling ormolu mounts to the sides and bases
Lithyalin glass is an opaque or translucent marbled glass with a surface resembling polished gemstones in a wide range of colours. It was first made by the chemist Friedrich Egermann (Bohemian, 1777-1864) in 1828 in northern Bohemia, and he patented the process in 1829. When this patent expired, similar pieces were made in France, Bohemia, China and Russia.